Box of Dreams

the hell gods have stolen my box of dreams
I fell down a deep port hole
I try to jump along the building tops
forgetting I am mortal

so I sit and worry and twist my ring
and look for my box of dreams

alfred hitckcock and I went hopping
from bar to bar to bar
my fake id got me inside
but the drinks weren't up to par

so I sit and worry and twist my ring
and look for my box of dreams

sex means nothing
drugs can't heal
this world can't hurt me
I've nothing to steal

so I sit and worry and twist my ring
and look for my box of dreams

and I knew love, love sweet and true
but now love is no more
my heart grew cold and my soul grew numb
and I walked love to the door

so I sit and worry and twist my ring
and look for my box of dreams

the cat's in the washer for he was unclean
his yowls I pay no heed
I just sit and worry and twist my ring
but my finger is starting to bleed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl by the Water

My New Boyfriend, Sam

Masquerade